FACULTYTALK Archives

October 1999

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Mary Ann Donnelly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 09:55:52 -0400
Hi All:
Isn't odd that the professors who teach in the law schools - therefore,
presumably the people who know the subject, trade, profession, which
ever word you like - are mostly only JD's with three years of education?
Similarly, I have always found it odd that for a law school professor to
publish a case book is considered one of the best and most honored
things to do, but for an undergraduate professor to do so is often not
even considered at all?
Just my two cents - or since I am an undergraduate professor - a cent
and a half.
Mary Ann

--
"One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar."
Helen Keller