FACULTYTALK Archives

September 1998

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Henry E. Mallue" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Sep 1998 14:00:31 -0400
There once was a professor of political science at the University of Florida
named Rosenbloom who had just completed his Ph.D. at Yale.  He passed out an
examination with only the designation "Rosenbloom" in the slot allotted for
identification of the faculty.

One of his students asked him why, in light of his recent academic
achievement, he didn't put "Dr. Rosenbloom" in that slot.  The professor
replied, "Most of my colleagues also have Ph.D.s and wouldn't be impressed,
and anybody who would be impressed isn't in a position to help me anyway."
A takeoff on the Groucho Marks attitude re club membership, perhaps, but
maybe Professor Rosenbloom can help us refrain for taking ourselves too
seriously.

Best Regards,

Hank