FACULTYTALK Archives

April 2012

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Swink, Dawn R." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Apr 2012 14:46:20 +0000
Hi Dan,

That is my understanding, as well.  The fax paper has a date and time on it when it comes through.  This would be similar to the dispatch rule of where a letter is deemed to be "sent" upon being dropped in the postal box, regardless of when the USPS pick it up that day.  Similarly, if the requirements are that the letter be in the office on Friday by noon, the recipient could read the letter at anytime thereafter.

Best,
Dawn

Dawn R. Swink, J.D.
Ethics & Business Law Department