FACULTYTALK Archives

December 1994

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Dan Herron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Dec 1994 18:44:42 EST
E.C. Members,

Tom Dunfee and I have been providing Peter Edelstein with ALSB
information (e.g., the ad hoc committee reports, AACSB standards, etc.)
for his struggle with his university, Pace University in New York.  Pace
is contemplating cutting or eliminating law from its undergraduate
business curriculum.

Peter needs letters in support of "our" position, namely law is a
crucial and viable curricular area.  He especially needs any hard
examples or data as to what other schools are doing.  He has
specifically asked me today via a voice mail message to solicit such
letters from members of the executive committee.

I am also putting this message on the ALSBTALK Net so that any other
ALSB member may feel free to send Peter his/her letters of support for
Peter to share with his school's administration.

Would you all mind taking a half hour or so and drafting such a letter.
Maybe Don Nelson would want to coordinate this response from the
Executive Committee.  But, Edelstein needs them asap!  His mailing
address is:

Peter Edelstein
491 Lexington Ave.
Mount Kisco NY 10549-2717