FACULTYTALK Archives

July 1996

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Brenda Knowles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jul 1996 16:10:13 -30000
Hi, everyone.  Hope you all are having a satisfying summer.  I am writing to
enlist your aid in support of one of my presentations at the annual meeting
in Quebec City.  At a teaching conference I recently attended, a participant
had woven teaching experiences into a "readers' theatre" presentation.  It
was very effective and served to remind us of why we all chose this road
earlier in our respective careers.  The presentation also illustrated the
importance of stories as learning vehicles. I thought that a discipline-
specific (translate that business law or legal studies) "readers' theatre"
presentation would be similarly thought-provoking.  Therefore, I am asking
you to send me any teaching-related anecdotes that you deem especially
noteworthy.  Although I would expect most of these vignettes to arise from
your experiences as an instructor, such elucidating moments may have come
from your teachers while you were a law student. In short, at this point, I
am open to just about any perspective.  If you elect to collaborate with me
on this creative effort, please e-mail me (bknowles@ vines.iusb.edu), write
up your experience(s) and send it/them to me, or call me (219-237-4355).  I
plan to use names and university affiliations so that I can acknowledge your
respective contributions, but I will use pseudonyms if you prefer.  Hope I've
been clear about my purposes.  If you nonetheless need more information,
please contact me. If I have a chance of getting anything written up into a
form that is worthy of a public "performance," I need your responses as soon
as you can get them to me.  (Later on, I also will need volunteers to be
"readers.")  Thank you in advance for your cooperation.  I look forward to
hearing from you at your earliest convenience.  Best regards, Brenda E.
Knowles, Indiana University South Bend, P.O. Box 7111, South Bend, IN 46634-
7111 (e-mail address provided above)