FACULTYTALK Archives

August 2009

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Robert W Emerson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Aug 2009 23:37:49 -0400
Hi All,
    I thought the meeting was fantastic.  Lucien, Dan, and others
deserve vast praise!  Sure, we all want the overall costs for each
participant to be the lowest that are practical, given a number of
factors.  But I know that the program planners did their very best.
    The only thing I found annoying, and I am certainly NOT blaming
anyone except Marriott for this, was the lack of free Internet access
anywhere in the hotel (even for people staying at the hotel, and even
for so-called Marriott Rewards Club members).  I found some nearby
free-access spots, but it would have been nice to have had that access
in the hotel itself.
	In the grand scheme of things, though, 'tis a minor complaint.
	Again, it was a great time in Denver.  Thanks, Lucien and Dan!

		Robert

Robert W. Emerson
Huber Hurst Professor of Business Law
Chair, Department of Management & Legal Studies
Warrington College of Business Admin.
University of Florida

Dear Fellow ALSBers,
The rate for the Roosevelt Hotel in New Orleans for 2011 is $149 plus
taxes. The hotel provides all the meeting space at no extra charge.
Also, as Dan Herron noted during the annual meeting in Denver, the
conference registration fee covers only about 50% of the actual cost of
the meeting and included events, such as the plenary lunch, continental
breakfasts, and banquet.
Best,
Connie

Constance E. Bagley
Professor in the Practice of Law and Management
YALE SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT

135 Prospect Street
P.O. Box 208200
New Haven, CT 06520-8200