FACULTYTALK Archives

April 2000

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Linnea McCord <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 06:15:51 -0700
I agree that we may need to have a different long-term description for the
group.  The Internet is certainly a huge factor and will continue to be so
for years to come, but the BioAge is lurking right around the
corner.  Patents on biotechs are already becoming a hot topic.  That
is why I called my course on the topic eLaw because the intent was to
signify (whether it actually accomplishes this or not is a matter of
debate!) that it is law for the new economy - whatever that law might be.
We could discuss this at the Baltimore meeting.  I definitely believe that
we have a critical mass of professors interested in this topic now!  See
you all in Baltimore.  Best wishes,  Linnea