FACULTYTALK Archives

February 2007

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Robert Bird <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2007 10:22:16 -0500
Hi everyone,

I've heard casually from a few business colleagues (finance mostly) of research into "institutions" as a currently hot research topic.  I haven't obtained more detail, but I am guessing that institutions must mean at least in part legal institutions.  I think this trend is in the context of empirical scholarship as well.

I am working on a strategy law paper and I want to make the point that law as a strategic resource has attracted recent interest in part because of this rise in the "institutional" research trend.

Can anyone clarify what this trend is, if it even exists, and maybe just maybe point me to an article or two that talks about it?

Thanks,

Robert

Robert C. Bird
Assistant Professor
University of Connecticut
View my research on my SSRN Author page:
http://ssrn.com/author=56987 <http://ssrn.com/author=56987>