FACULTYTALK Archives

March 1999

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Robert Bird <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 1999 09:47:10 PST
This development is particuarly interesting in light of the attempts by
the accounting profession in recent years to enter the practice of law.
The ABA has published a paper titled "Background Paper on
Multidisciplinary Practice: Issues and Developments" which discusses in
some depth attempts by the accounting profession to expand into the
legal profession.  One would think that the CPA would add more law, not
less.

Robert Bird
Adjunct Professor of Business Law
Fairfield University