FACULTYTALK Archives

May 2005

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Halsey, Brian" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 May 2005 21:50:10 -0400
Keith:

We include them in all of our business law courses as an extra resource.  We include a button on the course websites that we have for every course (we use eCollege - like Blackboard).  That way, only registered, current students can access the lessons.  Under that button is a link and instructions to every CALI lesson.

We use it as an optional course enhancement.   Each professor may or may not choose to use one of the lessons, but we find that students use them to reinforce concepts where they are having trouble.  Some professors pull relevant lessons up and go through them like powerpoints in class.

One word of warning - the lessons are of varying quality - and you should warn students of that fact beforehand.  On the whole, it is worth the few dollars it costs to add lots of extra substance to the courses.

Thanks,

Brian

Brian J. Halsey

Professor