FACULTYTALK Archives

May 2005

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Denise Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 May 2005 11:05:54 -0500
Hi, all.

I remember hearing a paper presentation a few years ago on the topic of lecture vs. a more "active learning" model.  The gist of the paper was that the students surveyed preferred a lecture style class, while assessment data showed that a more active, hands-on delivery method resulted in better student learning outcomes.  (This came as no surprise to many of us who have had students who preferred to be "told" what they need to know.)  Can anyone out there tell me where I can find this article/paper to share with a couple of my "traditional" colleagues?

My institutional email is [log in to unmask], for those of you who are leery of posting to the entire list!

Thanks for any help you can give me.