FACULTYTALK Archives

September 1998

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Date:
Wed, 2 Sep 1998 11:42:44 -0600
>>>Let me put it this way:  The argument over whether one race is
"superior"
to another ... and snobbery over particular academic degrees is a far cry
from racism.>>>

I am convinced that there is no topic left in the world which can be
objectively discussed without reduction to racism.  Up to recently (perhaps
even still), references to Hitler and the Holocaust were invoked to
effectively bring any discussion to an end in general public discourse.
Now, racism appears to be the argument stopper of choice. I had hoped that
we might limp through this JD thread without it (and Hitler).

I guess such is the naivety of us "guys up there in Canada" :-)

Cheers,

Peter Bowal
University of Calgary