FACULTYTALK Archives

February 2006

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Larry E. Stuart" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Feb 2006 14:44:30 -0600
I use West's Business Law, supplemented with recent court decisions.
The students are already assigned to teams as part of our (Rice
University, Jones School) executive MBA program, and the teams are
assigned the plaintiff, defendant and court roles for each supplemental
case.  They then have to advocate and make the case factually and
legally for their party's position, including discussing the practical
ramifications of their party's legal position.  A slight variation on
the approach you are considering.  The West Business Law text is very
easy to read and not overly slanted against lawyers.