FACULTYTALK Archives

September 1999

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
DANIEL HERRON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 11:35:24 -0400
Hi All,

Hope that your semesters/quarters/terms are going well.

This is just a reiteration of an earlier message of mine:  if you had any difficulty, inconveneince, annoyance, etc with the Adams Mark Hotel at the annual conference, please let me know via a private email if you haven't done so already.  My personal email is [log in to unmask]

To update you, the Adams Mark is attempting to enforce a $3,000 liquidated damage clause because we only filled 78% of total block, despite the fact that they resold all of our the rooms for a higher rate.  So, I am countering with  breach of contract claims and am gathering evidence from all  of you.

From my personal experience, this was the WORST hotel I have ever dealt with regarding an ALSB conference....on a scale of 1 to 10, this was a 2!

Maybe this will end up being a case study that we can all use in class.... (Hey...can I get a JLSE article outof this?!?!?!?!)

Dan