FACULTYTALK Archives

January 2005

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
DANIEL HERRON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2005 21:05:55 -0500
this is wonderful news...and to a most-deserving
colleague.....congrats!!!!

Dan

>>> [log in to unmask] 01/20/05 8:48 PM >>>
Colleagues -- I wanted to share the good news!

This week I have been selected for promotion from full professor to
Distinguished Professor!

Only one person (who is already a full professor) is selected each year
from the entire CAMPUS for this permanent promotion in rank (based on
his/her record in research, teaching and service).  The program was
started seven years ago and I am the first person chosen from the
College of Business Administration to receive the honor. A campus wide
cross-disciplinary faculty committee makes the selection and then the
VPAA approves of the nominee. [This fall it will include an increase in
base pay equivalent to that given to those promoted from associate to
full professor.]

Carol J. Miller

Southwest Missouri State University