FACULTYTALK Archives

June 1998

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Marsha Hass <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jun 1998 21:34:21 -0400
Jan, I use a combination of a good CPA review (Gleim/Delaney) and West
Business Law.  I assign the chapters and lecture, then we go over questions
in the review book and I help them learn how to take the exam.  I'm told
that practicing in my class makes the other sections easier too since they
"know" how to play the test game.  I agree that the cases are a waste of
time and I spend no time on them per se.  However, I go over the major
cases in my lecture to show how the law developed.  It is a great class
because you generally get great students with a goal.