FACULTYTALK Archives

October 1997

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 1997 23:25:40 EST
When I began going to our nat'l meetings in 1974, the attendees stayed
in dormitories. I remember in Reno when one of our free-spirited members
missed the 1:00 a.m. curfew and got locked out of the dorm, decided to sleep
on a nearby parkbench, and was arrested for vagrancy. Then we began staying
in proper hotels. Some of our members felt sure attendance would decline
because of the expense. Instead, attendance rose dramatically. More families
began to accompany members. I don't think that we should seek out the
Ritz, but I am all for avoiding Motel 8. Dormitories are a no-no, believe me.