FACULTYTALK Archives

January 2007

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Rosemary Hartigan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2007 10:03:14 -0500
We have had good results with several topics for debates:

Outsourcing
Companies' elimination of health insurance plans and govt. responsibility
Companies' elimination of retirement insurance and govt. responsibility
Pros and cons of philanthropy.

We started out with the classical Friedman vs. Carroll debate on CSR and then expanded the views to apply them to these specific topics.

The students do seem to take to the debate format.

Good luck with it!

Rosemary

Rosemary Hartigan, J.D.
Professor and Director, Business and Executive Programs
Graduate School of Management and Technology
University of Maryland University College