FACULTYTALK Archives

June 2006

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Pat Cihon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2006 11:23:00 -0400
Sally, Peter B.,  and all you other inhabitants of the "True North Proud
and Free" -- I apologize for not wishing you a happy Victoria Day this
year.  I will take this opportunity to wish you an early happy Canada
Day (July 1),  an early happy St. Jean Baptiste Day for any habitants of
 Quebec, and a happy Civic Holiday (Aug. 7) for those in Ontario.
  Sally -- I'll buy you a drink in St. Pete to make up for my
dereliction of duty.  OK, eh?    Pat

>>> [log in to unmask] 5/27/2006 9:19 AM >>>
Thanks Steve. I will post other responses if people reply to me
directly. I will also follow up on this.

One small thing. Happy Holiday weekend US. (is it good etiquette to say

"happy" for this particularly weekend?). In Canada, however, we beat
you
to the punch and I should have wished you all Happy Victoria Day last
Monday. Pat Cihon, I am v. disappointed not to receive your greating
this year!! I'll pass a message on to good old Vicky herself!!

Sally