FACULTYTALK Archives

September 2000

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
SALLY GUNZ <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 14:27:44 -0400
The answer is that there is not a lot in writing -- actually because final
decisions have yet to be made. You should be able to pick up from the AICPA
web site report(s) from the Joint AICPA/NASBA Computerization Implementation
Committee, The ACIPA Core Competency Framework for Entry into the Profession,
and the Vision statement.

These issues are all intertwined. The ezam is both moving to computerisation
and to more breadth and integration in coverage. In the process it seems
probable that there will no longer be a separate law exam. The critical
question then becomes coverage. At this stage there seems to be far more
emphasis on the regulatory aspects than private law issues and that is our
major concern at present.

The other initiative that we have to monitor is the proposed international
designation. Again, virtually nothing has been written on that.

If anyone else has more information, can they please share it. Meantime, I
will keep you posted with anything I hear.

Sally