FACULTYTALK Archives

October 1996

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Chuck Stowe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Oct 1996 12:27:15 EST
1.  I teach a course at the undergraduate level called Administrative Law with
 the subtitle Marketing Law.  We use Legal Aspects of Marketing Strategy
Stein and Eovaldi.  If I were putting together an MBA level course I would
supplement with Harvard B School cases dealing with legal problems in
mergers/acquisition and major marketing schemes.  Another tact is that I have
tried with some positive student feedback was to get a marketing plan and
lace it with questionable proposals.  Then let the students react to it from
both marketing and legal aspects.  Problem with that approach is that it takes
alot of work to generate a convincing marketing proposal that is complicated
enough to "hide" the legal problems.
2.  Don't have materials available at this time as we only offer this course
every two years.