FACULTYTALK Archives

September 2005

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Thomas Cavenagh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Sep 2005 09:39:08 -0500
Keith:

I taught the course some time ago and have attached the syllabus I used; also attached is a classroom activity the students enjoyed very much.  I think I can also send exams and paper outlines if they would be helpful.  I am teaching the course again this winter and will use a similar syllabus with the addition of an online ADR text:  Ponte & Cavenagh, CyberJustice: A Guide to Online Dispute Resolution for E-Commerce, Prentice-Hall, Inc. (2004) ISBN: 0-13-098636-4.

Good luck,

Tom

Thomas D. Cavenagh, JD
Professor of Law & Conflict Resolution
Chair, Department of Management & Marketing
North Central College
30 North Brainard Street
Naperville, Illinois 60540
630-637-5157
630-637-5260 (fax)

>>> [log in to unmask] 09/06/05 6:42 PM >>>
ALSBers,

I have been asked to offer a cyberlaw course for our undergraduate business
and/or computer science majors. Does anyone have an opinion about the best
content-that is, a broadly based e-commerce course versus a narrower IP
course focusing on patent, trademark, and copyright issues? I would
appreciate any advice you might have as well as any syllabi that you would
be willing to share.

Thanks!

Keith

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Keith A. Maxwell
Nat S. and Marian W. Rogers Professor
Professor of Legal Studies and Ethics
School of Business and Leadership
University of Puget Sound
Tacoma, WA 98416
Office Phone: 253.879.3703
www.ups.edu/faculty/maxwell/home.htm
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

BEGIN:VCARD VERSION:2.1 X-GWTYPE:USER FN:Cavenagh, Thomas TEL;WORK:5157 ORG:;Economics & Business Admin. EMAIL;WORK;PREF;NGW:[log in to unmask] N:Cavenagh;Thomas TITLE:Associate Professor of Business Law & Conflict Resolution END:VCARD