FACULTYTALK Archives

March 2004

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Ingulli, Elaine" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 2004 13:33:10 -0500
Quick questions: How far in advance do faculty in your school submit
their teaching schedules? (semester, a year, two years, longer?)

How far in advance is a course schedule made available (online or
otherwise) to students?

Faculty at my college have just been asked to plan their course
schedules--including not only what courses they will offer, but what day
and time they will be offering them--for the next 3 (THREE) years.

We are a relatively small school (e.g. 25 business faculty, 270 faculty
across the college)with a complex interdisciplinary curriculum in which
we ALL teach outside of our own departments as well as within the dept.
This request seems unreasonable to us.

You can respond to me at [log in to unmask]
Thanks,
Elaine