FACULTYTALK Archives

April 1996

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Bill Shaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Apr 1996 20:49:09 +0100
Al, You might get a response from Gay Jentz as well, but at the time the
measure was passed in St. Louis, it was understood to reinstate business
law.  The document was written in terms of "perspectives," and we weren't
permitted to mess with that.  It was simply a matter of getting the
assembly to insert "legal" in the enumeration of fields.  Your colleagues
are evidently giving it the weakest of all interpretations (clearly the one
most favorable to moving resources from your area to theirs).  Not much can
be done about that at the ALSB level (not much that I know about).  It's
just (academic) politics as usual.  You might try to get an "official" read
from the AACSB, but don't count on it.  They seem to go which way the wind
blows.  Bill