FACULTYTALK Archives

August 1999

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Bruce D. Fisher" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 1999 19:04:14 -0400
At Univ. of Tenn, Knoxville, we still have the name Accounting and Business
Law. Frankly, I am delighted that we (or I should say "I", as I am the only
professor although we have several "part-timers", i.e., full-timers paid at
part-time salaries) are still recognized in the department name.  I would
agree that "Legal Studies" is the more modern nomenclature.
                  Bruce D. Fisher

>At Baylor University, we are considering a name change from the Accounting
and Business Law Department to the Accounting and Legal Studies Department.
My department chairman has asked me to determine if this is a trend among
business schools.  I would like some feedback on this issue, particularly
from the schools who have made the change.  Thank you and I look forward to
seeing many of you in St. Louis!