FACULTYTALK Archives

November 2007

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sally Gunz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Nov 2007 09:41:29 -0500
I am not entirely sure what you mean by internship Susan. If it is of
any relevance, our university has always had a major focus on co-op
education which means eg in our program students have four work terms
during their undergrad program. A work term lasts four months. This
gives them some of the practical experience they need for their
accounting designation but it also adds a good deal to their learning
experience. This exists throughout the university in most of the higher
admission programs (ie harder to get into) ie it is something that
students value very highly. I think this is a different twist on what
you describe. Our students have combined work terms in fourth year -- so
they actually work 8 months.

Sally