FACULTYTALK Archives

March 2000

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Mary Ann Donnelly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 11:29:53 -0500
Hi all:
I don't know if the text is still available but I have used The Dynamics
of Law by George W. Spiro for such a course. It is a slim volume but it
deal with all the various aspects of law making - courts, arbitration,
legislatures, and administrative law making and private law making (e.g.
collective bargaining agreements and campus rules). There are fairly
long cases, e.g. MacPherson v. Buick and others including Texas v.
Johnson which make for good class discussions. The questions at the end
of the chapters are good and many could be the basis of a full class
discussion or debate.  Other questions suggest activities, e.g. contact
the court and find out what the time is before cases get before the
courts in your local area.
Mary Ann

--
My home page: http://web.lemoyne.edu/~donnelly/
"Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the