FACULTYTALK Archives

September 2007

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Carol Bast <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Sep 2007 08:30:01 -0400
Linda Samuels and I are researching a paper on Legal Studies scholarship.  One of the motivations for the paper is that some of our ALSB colleagues have to fight this battle each year, usually to have business colleagues recognize law reviews as scholarship.  We envision the paper as partly descriptive and educational in that ALSB colleagues who need it can point to it as a statement that law reviews are generally considered scholarship.

We would appreciate receiving your school's method of evaluating Legal Studies scholarship.  Please post it least to me and to Lucien Dhooge (at "Lucien Dhooge" <[log in to unmask]>), who is collecting materials on legal studies scholarship on behalf of ALSB.  If you need it, a fax number where I can receive documents is 866 774-6409 (a toll free number).

Thank you.