FACULTYTALK Archives

October 1999

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Mallue, Henry" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 10:00:57 -0400
At the College of William and Mary, all undergraduate degree candidates must
complete through the fourth semester of a foreign language, eastern or
western.  Credit for high school study is awarded at the rate of one year of
high school work for one semester of college study.  In the School of
Business Administration we are now getting many students who have completed
four years of study in French, German, or Spanish in high school, and now
wish to take Chinese or Japanese at the College.  While their high school
work has exempted them from any foreign language requirement here, they
realize the benefit of being multilingual, with some background in eastern
language and culture.

Kindest Personal Regards to All,
Hank Mallue