FACULTYTALK Archives

March 2000

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 22:08:45 -0700
>>Don't we, trained professionals that we are, appreciate when a journal
evaluates our finished products and suggests improvements or alternative points
of view rather than simply providing outright rejections?>>

Mike, me too.  But the analogy does not fit.

I thought the question is whether the feedback (and helping hand) should come
during the research project, or after it is graded.  In both cases there is
feedback.  Your scenario above refers to feedback at the end or no feedback at
all.

Would we expect journal editors to give us feedback and help as we are preparing
various drafts of our paper for ultimate submission?  :-)

Cheers,
Peter Bowal