FACULTYTALK Archives

February 2005

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Norman Hawker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2005 10:36:24 -0500
Since I came to WMU, we have had years, including this one, where small
amounts were awarded on the basis of merit. It's not that uncommon, and
it's often much larger sums than we get at WMU. For example, University
of South Florida distributes "Performance/Market" pay from a salary
pool equal to 5% of the faculty salary base.

If you're affiliated with the NEA, you may wish to take advantage of
their Higher Education Contract Analysis System (HECAS) to find other
universities with collective bargaining agreements that use "pay for
performance" instead of or in addition to uniform across the board
salary increases:

http://www2.nea.org/he/research.html

Norm

--