FACULTYTALK Archives

April 2004

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
John Allison {allisonj} <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 2004 10:23:43 -0500
At UT-Austin, we used to have a 72-hour rule with a subsequent drop-dead
date, but it now seems to be 96 hours unless the exam is in the last day
or two of the exam period.  I haven't researched this, so I can't speak
authoritatively.  Each semester the Registrar simply informs us in the
course schedule of the due dates and times for exams given on particular
days.  Electronic submission became available about 2 years ago, and
became mandatory this year.  I used it from the first time it was
available, because I found it to be so much easier and faster.  The
software worked perfectly right out of the gate, which I thought was
quite amazing.  It also allows me to send in my grades at the last
minute if I need to.

John