FACULTYTALK Archives

February 1995

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Thomas W. Dunfee" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Feb 1995 18:19:18 -0500
Rick,
        Here are a few quick ideas about jobs in the business ethics field.

1. A number of mutual funds engage in social screening.  Calvert is the
biggest, I believe.  Look in the magazine BUSINESS ETHICS, most of the
funds advertise there.

2.  Many corporations now have ethics officers.  Presumbably they are
starting to build up supporting staff.  Contact the Ethics Officers
Association through Bentley College - Mike Hoffman.

3.  There are a number of consulting firms that specialize in business
ethics. Navaron Associates is an example.  Again, some of them advertise
in BUSINESS ETHICS.

4.  There are a number of non-profit organizations that have sizable
staffs. A prime example is the Ethics Resource Center in Washington,
D.C.  Gary Edwards is the Executive Director.  Another is the Business
Enterprise Trust that gives out awards  each year to exemplary firms
(Gore attended last year's awards and Clinton recorded a message).

        My experience is that students have to agressively seek out jobs
in this area, but the field is growing and has a need for
well-trained business students.

        Tom Dunfee