FACULTYTALK Archives

October 2005

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Denise Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Oct 2005 12:09:25 -0500
Good afternoon, everyone,

I am part of a taskforce at my university charged with coming up with a strategy to improve our students' critical thinking skills (as reflected in exit exam scores).  One of the strategies we are looking at is bringing an external person to campus to talk about teachng critical thinking and perhaps conducting a workshop.  As is the case with most of our peer schools, our financial resources are extremely limited.   It looks like there are a few organizations that provide these kinds of services.  Have any of you attended or facilitated something like this on your home campuses and if so how did you go about finding the "right" person?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Denise Smith, JD, MBA
Interim Chair, Department of Business
Missouri Western State University