FACULTYTALK Archives

March 1999

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
DANIEL HERRON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 14:01:48 -0500
 I would draw your attention to AACSB Standard FD.5 on faculty qualifications which states that individuals holding the J.D. and who teach business law or legal environment of business courses fall within the category of doctoral degree-holders.

Dan

>>> Linnea McCord <[log in to unmask]> 03/23/99 01:16PM >>>
To Everyone and All:

        Several years ago I recall that the AACSB said that the juris doctorate
degree was the required terminal degree to teach business law in a business
school program.  Does anyone recall this?  If so, does anyone have a copy
of that statement and is a juris doctorate still required according to
their standards?

        Thanks for your help.  Regards,  Linnea

Linnea Bernard McCord
Chairman
Accounting, Law & Finance
The Graziadio School of Business & Management
Pepperdine University
Phone:  (310) 568-5539
Fax:    (310) 568-5778
email:  [log in to unmask]