FACULTYTALK Archives

February 2006

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Norman Hawker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Feb 2006 09:28:34 -0500
On Feb 8, 2006, at 8:36 AM, [log in to unmask] wrote:
> Colleagues: I have attached to items from today's news you may find
> of interest.  I would be interested in your thoughts regarding the
> likely success of the challenge to SOX. ...

My guess is it will depend on whether Alito convinces Kennedy to
adopt Alito's unitary executive theory.

I understand from the article, which is all I know about this
lawsuit, that the business community is only concerned about easing
accountability for corporate management, but the potential
ramifications of a Supreme Court decision on this challenge to
Sarbanes Oxley threaten the way in which the Executive Branch was
structured during the 20th Century.

Norman W. Hawker
Associate Professor
Haworth College of Business