FACULTYTALK Archives

October 1999

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Frank Cross <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 08:31:43 -0700
Well, Deb is right that if we conduct the study it will be viewed as biased.
But wouldn't a study from an outside consultant that we commissioned and
paid for be given the same criticism?  When you read the papers, research
is constantly denigrated as bought and paid for.  I think it might be more
effective if it were conducted by respected members of other disciplines
within
the bschool.  Could we identify some relatively neutral and respected profs
of marketing, finance, etc. who would conduct the study?

At 08:22 AM 10/14/1999 -0500, you wrote:
>I like Deb's proposal, and would contribute.
>
>John Allison

Frank Cross
Herbert D. Kelleher Centennial Professor of Business Law
CBA 5.202
University of Texas at Austin
Austin, TX 78712