FACULTYTALK Archives

December 1997

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Daniel Herron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Dec 1997 10:32:04 -500
I receive a number of inquiries each year about thow we schedule the dates of
 the
annual conference.  Some members can't do early August because of summer
school; some can't do late August because of fall term starting.  I
normally try to shoot for the week of August 12...but often times, as
the case this year in San Diego, the hotels were not free then.  This
was also the case in Quebec.  So, we had an early conference in
Quebec, a late conference in San Diego, and last year's in Atlanta
was right in the middle. When I can't get those middle-August dates,
I try to alternate between early and late August in order to
accomodate as many ALSB members as I can.  So, that's how it works.

Dan