FACULTYTALK Archives

October 2013

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Maurer,Virginia G" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Oct 2013 00:02:02 +0000
Well, I never ASKED any Indian students to elucidate this case because I don't think that is a right or fair thing to do to international students -- BUT a couple of times students have had the background with Sadhus to explain what it means to be a Sadhu and the implicit trust and faith in ones fellow man involved in putting yourself at the mercy of others. It brought to the picture a perspective different from that of the McKinsey partner and his friend Stephen. I guess it is serendipitous when this happens.

Ginny

Virginia G. Maurer, M.A., J.D.
Professor of Business Law and Legal Studies
Director, Poe Center for Business Ethics
Darden Restaurants Professor of Diversity Management
Warrington College of Business
352 256 0295 (cell)
352 376 2867 (home)