FACULTYTALK Archives

May 2010

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sally Gunz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 May 2010 13:32:02 -0400
Thanks to both Thomas and James. That was sloppy language on my part
talking of abstention votes.

I understand the issue both of how something is determined to be the
majority and the role of abstentions. Would you please confirm what
happens if someone specifically asks that the chair record the number of
abstentions along with the votes for and against. It's the chair
entitled to refuse this request? My apologies if I am simply not reading
this in the references you have sent the already.

Sally