FACULTYTALK Archives

May 1994

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Marsha Hass <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 May 1994 18:11:30 -0400
        I was told that AACSB would look in the yellow pages to see if
faculty (esp. law) were "working" in addition to teaching/research/ser.
If so, it counted against your school. I don't know if that is still true.
All faculty are allowed to "consult" one day (8 hours?) per week. Under that
rule, I had to get written permission from Pres & provost to practice law
during the week. I was not treated any differently than other professors.
        It seems to me that you could practice in only those areas where
you could control schedule. Wills, real estate closings. I do not believe you
 should miss class to practice. marsha hass