FACULTYTALK Archives

April 1996

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Ed Conry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Apr 1996 09:46:11 -0600
All,
The Ethics Section invites you to join us later this month in
Chicago. (Friday, April 26)  We will be listening to discussions at meetings
of the American Philosophical Association, the Society for Business Ethics,
and the International Society for Environmental Ethics (ISEE).

Meetings of the APA and Society for Business Ethics will be taking place
Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.  The SBE meetings are set for 5:15 p.m. at the
Palmer House on Thursday and Friday evenings; those interested in
environmental ethics may wish to take in the ISEE meetings at 7:00 (also
Thursday and Friday evenings at the Palmer House).  Information about
presenters is available from Don Mayer at Oakland University.

Separately, we plan to meet at the Palmer House lobby at noon on Friday, and
lunch together wherever fate and our meager fortunes may allow.  By 2:00, we
will repair to the DePaul School of Business Building where Ed Conry and Don
Mayer will each make presentations. If you cannot make it to lunch, here's how
you can find us. Exit the Palmer House from  the Wabash St. entrance, turn
right, walk to the second light (Jackson).  Cross the street and turn right.
The building is a cream colored building on your left.  Go to the 7th floor,
room 7000.  We are meeting in the Management Department'sconference room.

In addition to presentations by Mayer and Conry, we will discuss, King &
Kitchener's DEVELOPING REFLECTIVE JUDGMENT. The Ethics Section
meeting will adjourn in time for the SBE meeting at 5:15 p.m.  The meeting
will be very informal; because of the kind generosity of DePaul University in
not charging us for using a conference room there, there is no registration
fee. The registration for the American Philosophical Association is quite
reasonable (approx. $20-$25).  Pre-registration with the APA or the SBE is not
necessary.

Please call or e mail Don Mayer for more information if you'd like to join us.
If you cannot join us this year, please bring your ideas for a possible 1997
mid-year meeting to the annual meeting in Quebec City.  Or contact Lynn
Forsythe or Ed Conry with specific ideas so that next year's mid-year meeting
can  be announced in August.

Ed Conry