FACULTYTALK Archives

October 2004

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Robert Bird <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Oct 2004 15:46:13 -0400
Hello everyone,

I am teaching an intersession course for the first time over the new year break.  I will be cramming approximtately 40 hours into a two week period, using Thursday-Friday-Saturday blocks of 4-10, 4-10, 10-6pm respectively. Here are my questions:

1) Does anyone have any tips for teaching an intersession course?  I am trying to think of non-lecture style activities to put in place.

2) Any teaching ideas, especially for an international business law course?  There must be some really interesting videos, group activities, etc that people use for international law.  Anything to break up the course.

3) How do you grade?  It seems unfair to give a mid-term and a final within two weeks of one another.

Thanks!

Robert C. Bird
Assistant Professor
University of Connecticut