FACULTYTALK Archives

October 2000

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Ross Petty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 15:59:46 -0400
In the first year of our MBA program we have written a case series that,
inter alian, looks at Al Dunlap and Sunbeam where they instituted a "bill
and hold" program much as Deb describes.  In some cases grills were shipped
not even to the customer, but to an independent warehouse that Sunbeam paid
for.  Despite this and a generous returns policy, these were accounted for
as actual sales.  The proram was described in various accounting reports,
but its impact on future sales was not specified.
The SEC and private fraud lawsuits are still pending.
Ross Petty