FACULTYTALK Archives

October 2005

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Mary Ann Donnelly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Oct 2005 11:16:51 -0400
Thank God, I have never had that large a problem. Occasional papers have gotten misplaced and students have resubmitted them. I would negotiate with the class to drop the grade out of grade calculations and restructure your grading scheme. I am a little disturbed by the rhetoric that suggests that a student who studied got nothing out of it. Didn't they learn things? Since when does learning things have to be rewarded in some way. If you are concerned about not testing on the material, include a question or two on the material in the next exam.
Mary Ann

>>> [log in to unmask] 10/28/2005 11:07 AM >>>
Either you have to give A grades to everyone or perhaps, throw out the
exam. I'm not even sure the latter is fair. Anything else means that the
students studied for exam 1 and got nothing for it