FACULTYTALK Archives

April 2004

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Virginia Maurer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 2004 14:23:14 -0400
Depending on when the final is given, the drop dead time for grades is
between 48 hours and a week after the final. It used to be, however, that
graduating senior grades were due on Thursday for Saturday graduation, no
matter when that week the final exam was scheduled. So it was not
extraordinary to have graduating senior grades due before the final exam was
scheduled to be given, which produced a  lot of interesting strategies. Now
we must turn in all grades no later than the Monday following graduation, so
some people "graduate" and later discover they have not graduated after all.

Oh well.