FACULTYTALK Archives

October 2001

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Virginia Maurer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Oct 2001 16:23:43 -0400
During the last few weeks I exercised some sort of executive authority and
appointed a nominating committee for the ALSB. The committee is Peter Shedd
(chair), Christine O'Brien, and Mike O'Hara. Their function is to elicit
interest among the membership in serving as an ALSB officer and thereby to
assist the House of Delegates in meeting the membership's clear expectation
that two or more people be nominated by the HD for the Secretary-Treasurer
position (The House actually nominates candidates to the membership at the
annual business meeting). Peter, Chris and Mike have met by phone and are
off and running. I am announcing this so that:

1. If you have ideas or interest, you can contact them. E-mails are listed
above. Phones are Peter (706-542-6777); Chris (617-552-0413; Mike
(402-554-2823); and

2. If not, you can screen your calls carefully.

I want to thank Peter, Chris, and Mike in advance for serving. I am
confident that they will do an excellent job.

Ginny