FACULTYTALK Archives

April 2001

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Virginia Maurer (MAN)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 13:40:42 EST
Good work, Sally. You are terrific.

Ginny
Date sent:              Tue, 3 Apr 2001 13:38:17 -0400
Send reply to:          "Academy of Legal Studies in Business (ALSB) Talk"
From:                   SALLY GUNZ <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                CPA Exam
To:                     [log in to unmask]

I want to bring you up to date on how we are proceeding. I am now
finalising a daft response to the AICPA Position Paper that I will
circulate first to a small group of you and then to the group as a
whole. Once we are all satisfied with this, it will be submitted to
the AICPA.

I will also prepare, based on our response, briefing materials on the
ALSB position re this Exposure Draft. These are for those of you
who
are to lobby the State Boards. It is essential, however, that we have
someone for each state volunteer. As of today, I only have volunteers
for the following states.

Arkansas
California
Delaware
Florida
Indiana:
Iowa
Kansas
Louisiana
Michigan
Minnesota
Nevada
New Mexico
North Dakota
Ohio
Pennsylvania
South Dakota
Virginia
Wisconsin

We have been told that our ability to reach the State Boards will be
critical and I would urge you to please sign up to do this if you
notice your state isn't listed. I want to make it clear that the news
re the exam is not dire. However, we want to make sure our imput is
effective and that the coverage is the most appropriate.

Finally, I want to prepare (with the assistance of others) a kit to be
distributed to all Schools that update people re the changes to the
examination coverage. This seems to me to be critical as there are
undoubtedly still some out there who think that there has been a major
reduction, and we need to sell ourselves anyway. I believe it is most
appropriate to wait until the structure and content specifications are
finalized, but I would like your advice on this. Again, I will also
need your assistance with responses to drafts etc.

I thank you all for the help you have given to date and I know will
continue to give. This is a pain I realise, but it is also very
important and worth doing well.

Sally Gunz