FACULTYTALK Archives

October 1996

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Daniel Herron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Oct 1996 13:11:54 -500
TO: ALSBTALK
FROM: [log in to unmask]

At Christopher Newport Univ. we are in the process of possibly creating
a new kind of  faculty contract which would be for nontenure track
lecturers, that could be renewed on an annual basis for an indefinite
number of years.  Do any of you have a similar status for faculty at
your schools?  Our faculty senate will be considering this on Wed.,
so if you get this message on Tues, please take a few seconds to
let me know whether it poses any problems of de
fact tenure? is there any service or research requirement for these
people? and anything else tht would be helpful.  Sorry for the short
notice.  Thanks for any advice.
Ronnie Cohen
Christopher Newport University