FACULTYTALK Archives

October 2000

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Joe Zavaletta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 11:25:08 -0700
Dan: Give the students a break, Dan. They're defining their own "existence
and meaning" consistent with what they see in the White House and with the
U.S. Supreme Court's definition of "liberty" in Casey:

"At the heart of liberty is the right to define one's own concept of
existence, of meaning, of the universe, and of the mystery of human life. "
Planned Parenthood v. Casey, 505 U.S. 833, 852 (1992).

And we certainly can't judge them or be intolerant of their views can we?
Agree or disagree....

Dr. Joe Zavaletta
UT Brownsville, 80 Fort Brown
Brownsville, Texas  78520